Have you received a bag, organizer, box, or gown?

Have you received a bag, organizer, box, or gown?

If you have and are willing to share your story please send us an email at danyasgift@gmail.com or visit our facebook page and share photos, your story and rate our organization. We are always in need of family stories to share so that our donors know exactly what we are up to.

If you know of someone who has and now you would like to help, that's amazing please contact us and we will help you make that happen.

Mahalo, and hope to hear from you soon!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Nothing is To Big for God!


Tonight was our BBQ and Dedication time. (For those of you not from Hawaii often times the party is held in the garage, so yes this is the Laundry area of my garage. No worries though all of the clothes are being washed before they go to the hospital, who will in turn wash them again before they go on the babies.) We had a great time talking with our friends and neighbors, and sharing what we are doing and why. They have all been so generous and have become Family over the past 2 years. They also took the time to write notes of encouragement to the NICU families that will be given to the parents who receive our gift. If you want to add a comment with a note of encouragement I will put it in a card for you too. After Danya was tucked into bed and all the clean up done I counted what we had received. I still thought perhaps we were going to be short of the goal. I knew that God had really lead me to choose this goal so I thought if we are not there then more will be in the post office box tomorrow. So I counted..... 57 preemie and micro preemie outfits.....70 newborn outfits.....34 hats and pairs of socks... add that up..... carry the one......... 161! One hundred and sixty one items for the babies of the Kapiolani NICU. Last year we received 20, this year God stretched our vision and we received 161! I feel like typing it a few more times. 161! 161! 161! I still have a couple hats waiting to be finished on my sewing table and there are still some items that people said they would send that they haven't, but that doesn't change the fact that we exceeded our goal.

Our contact at the hospital retired and I didn't find out until late last week, so now I'm waiting to set up a time with one of the other March of Dimes representatives in the hospital, plus Danya and I have a slight cold so we want to be healthy enough to see her Dr. when we drop it off. God is SOOOOO Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment